--- Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 17:37, José Fonseca wrote:

> > But we really need to get a solution around the backup CVS server as it
> > really damages the beneficial intervention of non-commiters can have
> > since they are days behind what the commiters are doing.
>
> I wonder if it's really such a pressing problem though. How many people
> have complained?

I have had alot of problems with cvs update in my tree.  I don't use -z and I get like
3 pkts/min,
my computer allways waiting for the remote to respond.  After a looooong time it stops
at
/xc/patches, and I kill it hoping that it's realy done as cvs is stuck in a read.
Also after all
that I would realy like to have the most current CVS data.

I'm hoping that I don't have hardware problems, quake3 (UT & TC) has been having some
problems.
For the past fue weeks it has on vary rare accasions just quit, leaving the X server
hung looping
for an ioctl to return true.  I think quake3 may have left a lock open b4 it quit.

I did get CVS on monday and installed it, here are some broken pix.  It has not locked
up *yet*.
http://filbert.is-a-geek.org/~cheako/