On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 01:04:18AM +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 11:04:47PM +0100, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> > This is a reasonable proposition -- let's start putting a draft together,
> > then.
> >
> > -------
> >
> > SF admins,
> >
> > We're concerned about the recent changes to anonymous cvs access, in
> > particular the way in which changes committed by developers take an
> > extended period (upto days) to become visible to anonymous cvs users.  As
> > we rely heavily on a test/debug/fix cycle that includes input and
> > interaction from anonymous cvs users, this delay represents a real
> > roadblock for our development efforts.  Can you outline the reasons that
> > this has started happening, whether it will be resolved and if so on what
> > timescale?
>
> Reading the SF master bug database, the only workaround for this problem
> is to create nightly CVS snapshots of the trunk for people to download
> who are not members of the project.
>
> That's the SF admins response on the master bug database for now anyway.
>
> Alan.

I've searched for the master bug Alan mentions and I suppose it's this
one:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=721915&group_id=1&atid=200001

According to that the situation is provisory and should be resolved
in August with new hardware. The bug answers to most questions we have
and that Keith outlined in his draft, and since the SF team's position
appears to be inflexible so I don't know whether there is any point in
contact them.

I'm going to follow Alan suggestion and setup a rsync mirror of the CVS
trunk checkout on my machine at the Uni. I just don't know wether I'll
do the update from a cronjob (if so how frequent?), or if trigered by
the commits (e.g., using a CVS script, or by making a procmail rule for
dri-patches). I'll let everybody know when this is available.

José Fonseca