Thomas Emmel wrote:
On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 13:53, Keith Whitwell wrote:

Hmm, after looking at your screenshots, this seems like a seperate, unrelated problem.

What happens if you set the following environment variables:

        R200_NO_VTXFMT=t
        R200_NO_TCL=t

Keith

R200_NO_VTXFMT=t does nothing (I can see no change)
R200_NO_TCL=t gives
disabling TCL support
send failed: Broken pipe
and my application crashed.

I was a little suprised when you said it fixed your problems. It's
committed - it is certainly part of the solution, but there's probably more to do. If you want to help out, the most useful thing is to have a look through the mesa demos and find one that does something similar to your app (texcoords, vertex arrays), and modify it so that it matches the behaviour exactly. Or else write a little demo from scratch. It's really the best way to present a bug to the developers - as a working demonstration.

If you don't do this, I'll have to do the same thing to exercise the problem enough to make a solution.

Keith

I have tested all the demos and examples. I am not so familiar with all
of these but they seem to work as expected. Only alpha3D doesn't show
something. If I type a "a" I can see something for a short time but I
think this is expected too. I am not so deep in this graphic stuff and
therefore I would assume that I need some time to write a demo.
If you think that this would help I will do so and you will not hear
some weaks anything other than graphic programming issues :-}
Don't misunderstand me. I will really do that if this is a useful way.

After looking at your png's, it's not so clear that we know the problem well enough for you to go ahead with this, so don't worry about it at this point.

Can you give me backtraces from the NO_TCL crash?

Keith