Keith Whitwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Martin Spott wrote:

>> I'm running a quite up-to-date mirror in Germany - currently without public
>> access, but we could change this. Though this mirror suffers from absence of
>> the SF server too ....

> What sort of a mirror, Martin?

I did a daily CVS update of the CVS trunk in the morning (in Europe, when US
citicens usually are gone to bed) - until today. I noticed that it takes the
SF server much more than 12 hours to respond to a anonymous CVS update. Now
I've switched over to simply duplicate Jose's RSYNC-mirror.

Today I started offering this via anonymous rsync. For people like me that
don't commit but simply follow the development and test it against their
favourite application this is entirely sufficient (at least _I_ think so).
This means: Functionality is way reduced compared to CVS/BK/whatever but it
might serve to reduce the load on Jose's server.

I'm running this primarily for my own purpose but you may have a try if you
like. Please note that this server is connected over a 34 MBit/s (beam-)
radio link so it might be not _that_ fast ....:

rsync://document.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/DRI_HEAD/

Martin.