Thomas Emmel wrote:
On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 11:12, Thomas Emmel wrote:

Back to my problem...

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 17:24, Keith Whitwell wrote:

Is it correct that your application is using 1-dimensional textures and vertex arrays? This is a little-exercised aspect of the driver, but it shouldn't too hard to fix up. I'll try and rig up something here that exercises the problem.

I have asked the developers and
ABAQUS uses both 1-dimensional and 2-dimensional textures and they are almost always accessed from vertex arrays.
I can disable the use of vertex arrays if this is an alternative
approach.

In the meantime, what does the following patch do?

I have installed it and it works.

Mmmh, I should have tested it in more detail. For some problems it works for some others it give a relatively bad output to the display. But this may be related to some other stuff than the given patch. I cannot compare it to the unpatched version since there was nothing to display due to the crash of my application. I have attached two small pictures illustrating the problem: modell-part.png is how it should look like. fail-texture.png how it is displayed on the screen. Maybe it is related to the size or number of arrays or something like that. The model I had tested before was a very small one.

Keith: As far as I can follow you (AFAICFY :-), the patch is
only a temporarily workaround and I should wait for something
more sophisticated?

Hmm, after looking at your screenshots, this seems like a seperate, unrelated problem.

What happens if you set the following environment variables:

        R200_NO_VTXFMT=t
        R200_NO_TCL=t

Keith