On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Thomas Emmel wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your help. I have already loaded it via rsync from
> jose's mirror. Approx. 10 times faster than CVS...

rsync from jose has made it at least _possible_ to follow DRI development.

However... It's really a sucky thing to use. It means that none of the CVS
tools work, so you can't get diffs, annotations, anything like that.

I don't think rsync is the answer. rsync is a stopgap for a currently
otherwise totally unusable situation. Nothing more. It's clearly a million
times better than having nothing at all, and the extreme suckiness of CVS
makes it at time seem better than even having a working CVS setup (updates
sure are a lot faster ;), but that's really a commentary on CVS, not on
rsync.

                        Linus