Can you clarify what you tried and what the problem is?  Does
everything work as expected when using a particular XFree86 binary and
not with another, or are you having a problem with the changes I
committed last night?  If you are having trouble with the driver,
there are a couple of things you can try:

Option "MergedFB" "false"

Mergedfb is on by default as it provides a clone mode.  this is to
match the behavior of the old radeon driver "clone" mode.  setting it
to false disables the 2nd crtc.  crtc1 then drives both displays.

Try defining a virtual resolution of 1152x864 and seen if that fixes
it.

Send a copy of your log file.

Alex