Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 21:58, Alex Deucher wrote:

The reason mergedfb is enabled by default is to emulate the clone
behavior in the old driver.  perhaps this should be changed in the
future?

In the mean time, I may switch back to validating the modes on crtc2
before crtc1.  that was the way I had it initially and the way it was
for clone mode.

So you are no longer actually emulating the former clone mode. Reverting
that sounds like a very good idea. Experimental changes should probably
be done on a branch.

I have to say I agree with Michel here. In hindsight, this work should have been done on a branch to start with -- the trunk isn't the place to be debugging new code.

I'm not sure how much work is left in this, but I'm coming to share the opinion that it is still worthwhile to move it to a branch until the glitches are ironed out.

Keith