Martin Spott wrote:
Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I just committed a major rework of mergedfb to CVS.  almost all of the
code is now in radeon_mergedfb.c/h.  I also committed Hui's latest code
drop from xfree86 CVS. Let me know if anyone has any problems.

I'm fine with running the 'new' X server _modules_ with a previously
built XFree86 binary when I install the new stuff without restarting
the X server I'm currently using. Unfortunately the 'new' X server core
binary fails to run at my default resolution [EMAIL PROTECTED] Hz but falls
back to 1024x768 at somewhat around 60 Hz (usual effects of too low
refresh rate). 'xdpyinfo' fails to print the _real_ parameters:

I have a similar problem. Though in my case, I don't get a picture at all - the monitor just goes to standby. Disabling MergedFB solves the problem.
Config file can be found here:
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/XF86Config.mergedfb
log file:
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/XFree86.0.log
something with the mode validation seems fishy...

And I also get some minor corruption if I run games fullcreen (with MergedFB disabled), when the fullscreen resolution of the game is the same as the virtual resolution - nwn showed a blue line at the right and the bottom edge, Quake III showed a similar problem.

But at least the snow is now gone thanks to Hui's patch. That means I can finally upgrade XFree86 my 2nd PC with a radeon 7200sdr - the snow was unbearable with XFree86 4.3 on that machine.

Roland