Alex Deucher wrote:
That's fine with me.  we can revert back to xfree86 CVS for the trunk
and I can move to a branch.  I wouldn't have put it on the trunk if I
had know the mode stuff was cause so much trouble, but then again, it's
been working fine for me and those who initially tested it, so I need
to more testers to find the bugs :)

I'm sympathetic to this argument: People generally don't bother with downloading stuff on a branch, so it doesn't get anything like the testing exposure as the trunk code.

if we move to a branch, perhaps we could add it to the snapshots?

That's a reasonable idea - but it still wouldn't have caught the freebsd problems.

Keith