On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 23:38, Felix KÃhling wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 03:12:37 +0100
> Michel DÃnzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 01:47, Felix KÃhling wrote:
> > >
> > > It makes sense since the color depends on whose move it is.

I used to think so, but I noticed that's not quite true. The lighting
switches when a move starts or ends, but the colour doesn't always
correspond to the moving piece.

> The version I tested was 4.05. I can't find the old sources so I'm
> downloading the 4.14 sources now.
>
> I just tested a 4.14 endgame binary. With TCL it looks like there is
> only a little ambient light, diffuse (and specular?) lights aren't
> working. The reflections of figures in every second square look like
> they are lighted correctly, though. Colors don't change AFAICT.
>
> Without TCL it looks correct.
>
> Is this what you're seeing on r200 too?

I think so, except that the lighting changes here (do you also see
different colour schemes on different runs, BTW?). E.g. it starts like

http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/DRI/endgame1.jpeg

and then switches to

http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/DRI/endgame1.jpeg

and back and forth.

> Does someone have older xscreensaver sources?

If nothing else, snapshot.debian.net should be useful, e.g.

http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2002/08/01/debian/pool/main/x/xscreensaver/

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer