Michel DÃnzer wrote:
On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 23:28, Roland Scheidegger wrote:

Michel DÃnzer wrote:

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 21:12, Roland Scheidegger wrote:

Maybe not all necessary state is submitted?

Maybe, but that doesn't really explain my observations, does it?

Well for me there was no difference at all when running with R200_DEBUG=state (except the huge speed difference of course),

Did you redirect stderr to /dev/null or to a normal file?
Tried both, but even redirecting to /dev/null causes a large drop in
performance and otherwise there was no difference.

and since the alternating lighting doesn't appear to be random (as
you've also observed) and I never get the correct colours I just thought it's probably not timing related. But I'm certainly no
expert ;-)

Neither am I... my guess has been that the lighting switch occurs on certain state transitions, but only under certain (timing or
whatever) conditions.

Interesting you got multiple colour schemes, here it is strictly
limited to only 2.

Maybe we're not using the same version? 4.14 here.
That's probably the reason, I'm using 4.05 (from suse 8.1). A quick
glance over the code shows the new version uses for instance more complex lighting...

Roland