Felix Kühling wrote:
>If the span stuff is all that's needed then it should be working.
>Incidentally I tested the drawpix demo yesterday. It worked ok as long
>as it drew to the back buffer. Drawing to the front buffer was broken,
>though. It started scribbling all over the screen. Maybe that's all
>that needs to be fixed.

drawpix does NOT work for me when drawing to the back buffer (just black
window, no scribbling). Drawing to the front buffer causes scribbling
all over the screen. (SuperSavage IX/C SDR) I'm at 16bit 1400x1050.

(question of # of args to do_unmap)
> Must be something about how fedora patches their kernels. I didn't need
> this to build on a stock 2.4.21 kernel from kernel.org. Unless you know
> a safe way to detect a fedora-patched kernel at build time I'm not going
> to change it in CVS. But it's good to know in case others stumble over
> the same problem.
How about #ifdef DO_MUNMAP_4_ARGS   (this is set by Makefile.linux)?

> >     - The 'make install' does not create TLS versions of libGL, so
> > it is necessary under Fedora Core 1 to remove the copies of libGL in
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/tls/ to prevent using the old libGL (glxinfo reports
> > indirect rendering even with DRI enabled).
>
> This should be added to the new building guide (see below) if it's not
> there already.
It's not in there right now. Might it be better to have the 'make install' do this,
or remove/rename the tls versions?

        Thanks again,
        Steve