ajax wrote:
On Friday 19 March 2004 12:26, Brian Paul wrote:

I figured people doing driver development would prefer to work on a
stable Mesa branch, but it hasn't panned out that way.  I guess I
don't feel too strongly either way.

I don't think anyone's checked in any DRI driver changes to the stable
mesa_6_0_branch branch so I'm not sure what state it's in.

-Brian

Well right now HEAD doesn't work for at least i810 and probably some others.

Hmm - it should. If we're going to build against the stable Mesa branch, that should be done from a DRI branch as currently, DRI HEAD and Mesa HEAD are supposed to be in sync. Currently the only way to build the DRI drivers in Mesa is from a DRI tree (though we're in the process of changing this).

Until there is a definite change of policy to build DRI head off some Mesa branch (or more likely to import a snapshot of a branch into xc/extras/Mesa), please report build failures as such in preference to telling people to build in a way that we can't support in an ongoing fashion (as Mesa HEAD and stable diverge).

Keith