On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 19:42, Jon Smirl wrote:
> The main purpose of this patch is to provide DRM driver support for initializing
> secondary adapters. This will all us to remove the corresponding code from
> Xfree.

As Alan pointed out on IRC, it won't. But providing the means to do it
cleanly is certainly good basically. The question is exactly where it
belongs. I suggested to do this work on a branch for the time being, and
got zero feedback. I don't know what that's supposed to mean; some
people take silence as approval, but I don't.

> 2) vga_enable ioctl - this is used when reseting a card. Resetting a card
> enables it VGA support so it is bad news if your reset a secondary card without
> first disabling the primary VGA one.  This ioctl disables all VGA devices. Then
> you can reset the card. Then call the ioctl again to restore the initial VGA
> device.

What will happen if userland fails to restore it?

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer