On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Ian Romanick wrote:

Rune Petersen wrote:

looks like a NOP ( it basically does reg0<-reg0*1+0.0 ).

with some more testing I found:
- FLAT_COLOR_PIXEL_SHADER needs 2 NOP when resizing window->full screen to avoid corruption. Can you add these NOPs only when resizing? =)

- SINGLE_TEXTURE_VERTEX_SHADER needs 1 NOP to get q3a to work for me.
  else get a blank screen. The game runs fine I just can't see anything.
  The NOP might be needed for the initial setup.

It could be that the hardware "consumes" instructions in fixed-size groups. It may need instuctions that use results from previous instructions to be in different groups. In other words, it may be somewhat VLIW in nature. Would that explain the need for some of these funky nops?

Yes, except we have only one instruction to begin with.

Rune, does the fix with alu_offset=0 work for you ?

                       thank you !

                           Vladimir Dergachev