On Friday 10 June 2005 20:13, Jon Smirl wrote:
> Why don't we start with a two module system which is already 90%
> written. There is nothing stopping it from being split into a three
> module system later. I'm not against the three module system I just
> don't want to create more work to do.

Because technically this patch is bogus if it ever gets merged back to DRM
CVS.  It will break BSD,  <video/radeon_share.h> is a linuxism, and you've
added that and calls to your new radeonfb stublets in shared-core.

Moving the chip flags out of drm_pciids.h is a waste of time, they're just
going to get regenerated from the text file.  And apparently the reason you
did that is to replace (dev_priv->flags & CHIP_HAS_HIERZ) with
radeonfb_has_heirz(dev_priv->fb_handle).  I don't see the win in pushing that
info down to the radeonfb layer, since it apparently isn't needed there.

Oh, and you broke HyperZ, because afaict you never initialize ->family to
anything.  Worse than that, struct radeonfb_info doesn't even have a ->family
member.  So this won't even _build_, let alone work.

> My issue is with doing a bunch of work to support case #2 since #2
> will be eliminated by the new Xegl server.

You keep saying that as though it were going to be true.  And if you'd stop
saying it the perceived hostility - on both sides - would probably go down
quite a bit.  We're all quite aware of what your goals are, we really don't
need to be told them every five minutes.

- ajax