On 6/16/05, Vladimir Dergachev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Out of curiosity - who are the people that *need* intelfb ? (as opposed to
> *want*).

To use Xegl it will require you to load both fbdev and DRM drivers for
your hardware. Xegl uses fbdev for things like mode setting.  In X.org
mode setting is done with user space XAA code. Since Xegl uses fbdev
to set the mode (and other things) it doesn't need to set the
registers from user space and thus doesn't need to run as root.

--
Jon Smirl