Hi guys,

my congratulations for the r300 driver work. I tested a recent CVS version here on my G4 Powerbook and it really rocks. Finally I got 3D support, thank you. Here is my experience with some apps:

1. ppracer: Works quite well. I only found one level with rendering bugs, but after tux started to go they dissappeared.

2. gltron: Quite good. What is missing are the player trails, I can only see a white at the top of the trails, the lower part is missing completely.

3. quake3: I did some heavy struggling with the quake3 source tree, but now I could get it running. It renders correctly when I use the Mesa software renderer (but unplayable then, of course). With r300 I made the same experience reported by BenH earlier this month: intro works, main menu somewhat broken, submenus work, the game itself is completely messed up :-(
If you are curious here are some shots:

http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/q3shots/shot10.jpeg
http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/q3shots/shot11.jpeg
http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/q3shots/shot12.jpeg
http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/q3shots/shot13.jpeg
http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/q3shots/shot14.jpeg

Any ideas what could be causing those problems? Is quake3 rendering correctly on x86 at the moment? I am willing to look into the source if someone could give me a few hints what to look for. I can also do some further testing if that helps...

Mattias