On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 00:19 +0100, Keith Whitwell wrote:

> Basically any API-generated event that implies a flush.  Internally
> generated events, like running out of some resource and having to fire
> buffers to recover generally don't count.

If I understand this, then the only time you'll check for window resize
is just before the next drawing occurs after one of these events. That
makes a huge amount of sense to me, and limits polling to once per
scene, instead of once per batchbuffer.

And, we do all of this polling through the DRM, which would allow things
other than the X server to send resize events for non-X buffers.