On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 11:53 -0400, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:

> They do drop support, yes, but of course, I'm committing a series of X
> server patches along with this to let AIGLX load the new driver API.
> This means that you can't load a git dri driver with any released X
> server, which is the inconvenience you're referring to I guess.

We can get an X server release done reasonably quickly to avoid major
inconvenience for developers at least.

>  I do
> think it's worth moving forward with this though.  Personally, I get
> these patches off of my plate and can focus on the next steps.

I'm all for making forward progress and abandoning broken interfaces as
early as possible.

The only people this will inconvenience should be developers and early
adopters, and we can help them by pushing releases of the related bits
sooner rather than later. I'm assuming that the X server patches you
mention will still build and run against older other bits, right?