You also need to have W7MOT--G programmed into RPT2 if you're going to
talk to someone over the gateway. Like someone else mentioned, you
also need to be registered with a gateway on a D-Star system. You only
have to do it once so if you've registered on a D-Star system
somewhere in the trust network you are good to go. If not, register
with a D-Star system (links to the registration pages are on
http://dstarusers.org
).
---
Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)