  From: bea...@aol.com
  To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 6:15 AM
  Subject: Re: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] Surf the Web Wirelessly via D-Star!

  The word that I object to the most, in this thread is the word "free".
  KJ4ACN has been on the Gateway, since November of 2007. A very small
percentage
  of the repeater users have bothered to join the club and financially
  support the Gateway. "Ham Radio is supposed to be free", I have heard several
  times. Well, maybe Amateur Radio is supposed to be free, but internet access
  is not free, at least for the West Central Florida D Star Club. Financing
  the Gateway, long term, just does not seem feasible, for us. I had
  conversations, at Dayton, with several other Trustees/Club Presidents. The
  financial scenario at KJ4ACN seems to be quite common. I foresee repeaters
  dropping off the Gateway, due to lack of funding for internet access. Anybody
got
  any creative solutions?

  Buddy WB4OMG

  West Central Florida D Star Club President/KJ4ACN Trustee
  fingertips.