From: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dstar_digi...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of ka2ugz
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:37 PM
To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] Purchasing a Node Adapter

WOW what a response for the recent "new guy" post! Seems like an abundance of
energy in this group.

I saw a presentation and demonstration of a D-Star hot-spot using a node
adapter (Ham Radio University sponsored by GSBARC) and as a result I joined
this group to learn more.

I am an officer in a Long Island club that operates 3 analog repeaters, two
70cm and one 2m. We have discussed turning one of them into a D-Star repeater
but the significant investment is beyond the reach of our small club. I think
the node adapter hot spot is well within our grasp though.

With the closest D-Star repeater on the Empire State Building in NYC there is
not much D-Star activity here and I think the hot-spots will create opportunity.

So on to my first question:

I sent an email to Satoshi
(7m3...@jk1zrw.ampr.org<mailto:7m3tjz%40jk1zrw.ampr.org> ) to buy an assembled
node adapter which his website says is available (updated 12/23/2009). It has
been about 10-days with no reply and no indication that the email was
undeliverable. In the experience of this group, does it take Satoshi a long
time to answer email?

I realize that this is probably not his "day job" and he might be overloaded
with requests so please help set my expectation level... how patient do I need
to be?

73 de KA2UGZ - Jay