From: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dstar_digi...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Catrina White
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:14 PM
To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [DSTAR_DIGITAL] Re: New guy

Another newbie question for all of you:

I wanted to perform an echo test, and was wondering if it is a universal thing
such as: repeater name (space) E
for instance: KI6JKA_E would perform an echo test to find out if I am making it
into the system?

The other question I have, is it necessary when calling a specific station (I
have an IC 91AD) and I have noticed in some cases there is a / before a call
sign. is that what typically is supossed to be there? Or is that only specific
cases?
Wish there was a more user friendly manual which explains why the / is there or
absent.
Thank you for answering my questions!
CAT
KG6PPA