Thanks Jim.

We'll run those 2 dtrace if and when it happens again. Box has been rebooted
and issue (which was seen 2 days in a row) has not re-occured. The workload has
not changed. The virtual stays ~flat-lined all the time on the box because of
the nature of the workload. The issue seems to re-occur every 60 days, so I
think something is leaking, but I'm still convinced it's not system virtual
memory.

Interesting what you say about the ISM/DISM stuff. The way we stopped DISM
being used for Oracle 10g was setting the SGA MAX and TARGET to equal values in
the init.ora etc..  and that stopped an ORACLE process per sid called
ora_dism_xxxxxxxx on startup. Things behaved much better once we did that. We
believed we were experiencing a known Solaris bug around DISM leak. We have
since patched the system but not re-enabled the use of DISM.