hi,

Am Mittwoch, 12. September 2007 15:46 schrieb Michael Riepe:
> > No, but I mean something like:
> >
> > #ifndef __WIN32__
> >   stream << doc.toString();
> > #else
> >   stream << doc.toCString();
> > #endif
> >
> > when writing the project file.
>
> If the documentation is correct, toString() converts the internal (UCS-2
> or UCS-4 encoded) copy of the string to the current locale. But in the
> project file, we always want UTF-8 encoding, independent of the locale.
> Therefore, toString() is wrong, no matter if you're using Linux or Windows.

That's correct... theoretically... if toString (Rev69) or toCString (Rev70)
would work as expected / the same on both OS!
But using the #ifdef above would solve the problem only  for my UTF-8
Linux-Box... and if the locale is changing one couldn't use dvbcut files
written with toString anymore.

Meanwhile I tried/checked all combinations... whereas a project file written
under Linux with Rev69 can be used by ANY combination (Windows/Linux,
Rev69/70) the project file written with Windows Rev69 cannot be used at all.

And exactly the opposite is the case for files written with  Rev70... the
Windows file can be read under Windows AND Linux (didn't checked reading with
Rev69 here because of the XML-incompatibility) but the Linux file is unusable
because of this already mentioned "double conversion".

But probablely this holds only for my UTF-8 Linux-Box...

ciao
ralph