Hi,

just got you answer a few minutes ago... this mailing list of SF is really
broken...

Am Montag, 10. September 2007 08:43 schrieb Michael Riepe:
> > No,  it's a dualboot system and the disk is connected to USB and mounted
> > by the automounter from Suse (with option utf8).
>
> That option is not documented for FAT, only for NTFS. I guess it has no
> effect. But "iocharset" and "codepage" might.

Actually, I don't know where the mount options come from... this suse "auto"
mounter (or the usb module?) is very strange (the usb disk is only
recognized/mounted when I hit it's link from within the "working place"...
and ONLY there... so actually it's not working like an automounter... :-()

This is what /etc/mtab says:
/dev/sda1 /media/MULTIMEDIA vfat
rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,flush,uid=1000,utf8,shortname=lower 0 0

But that's not our problem... it also does not work when storing a project
file (with an umlaut in the video file name) on a normal linux disk...

> > I attached them as tarball so the mailer can't change anything... just in
> > case... but I've the feeling that this double convertion is home made!
>
> Hmm... after saving them to disk, all of the files you sent yesterday
> were correctly encoded.
>
> The Linux file inside the tarball is broken, though. Its name is
> correctly encoded (UTF-8), but its contents are double converted.

Yes, and that's actually our problem and the reason why
we can't open a video file via a project file created under linux!
DVBcut under Windows behaves different/correct here...

Does this additional encoding come from the glibc (in addition to the
encoding you do inside DVBcut)?

OK,... and the other thing is that YOU only seem to have problems with
"ä" or "ü", whereas I have problem with any umlaut (inside the project
file)...

ciao
Ralph