Personally, I would rank this (simpler LoTW updates) as more important.
I upload more frequently (not in small part due to chasing the Triple
Play Award, and after getting it, helping out others), sometimes
multiple times per day. Given that there is an API (more or less) for
using LoTW and a way to call TQSL to sign the files being uploaded, it
would be nice to have.

--
        David, K2DBK
        http://k2dbk.blogspot.com