At 07:17 AM 3/18/2009, a lot of people wrote:
 >And maybe a blah blah blah

It is truly amazing how many people haven't a clue what is involved
in a typical software development cycle.  Everybody wants all this
new stuff designed, coded, alpha and beta tested, documented and
released in less than 60 days.  All by a single developer who has a
real job in an economy that probably requires he put in more hours than usual.

I have been involved in software development since the 60's and there
is something we used to call a SMOP--Small Matter Of Programming.  It
was a derisive term we used to describe changes suggested by people
(usually upper managers) who had no clue what would be involved to
implement them.

Yes, Paul is a good programmer.  Yes, Paul -could- probably implement
most of the requested changes.  But let him make that those choices
and determine how long they will take.

It is always good for customers to provide wish lists for future improvements.
It is always good for customers to provide dates they would like to
see new versions.
Pick one.

73, Dick
--