Hi Dick,
    I haven't been involved in software for quite as long as you (only
since the mid-70s ... I'm a youngster), but I had a saying that I used
to use along those same lines: "Fast, cheap, good: Pick two". Of course,
in a situation like this, with a single developer it's tough to apply
the "fast" attribute, though I suppose if Paul wanted to, he could spend
a fortune, hire a fleet of programmers, and then have to pass the entire
cost on to us, something that probably isn't practical. Personally,
while there are a few features I'd like to see, I'd prefer to see it get
done right, rather than simply fast.

    What I do think is great is the increase in communication from Paul,
so that we know that he's listening to what folks are asking for. While
I wouldn't mind getting a sneak peak at what kinds of things are in
store for the next version (be it version 8, 7.3, or whatever), I also
realize that it's Paul's decision and he's going to do what's best for
his business.

--
        David, K2DBK
        http://k2dbk.blogspot.com