There are a couple of issues with the Report generator that I'm sure
will get ironed out in due course. I would certainly like the DXCC
reports to behave like the Version 7 and work by Band and Mode
selection. I'm sure this is just something that fell through the
cracks in the push to get Version 8 released. I've also noticed that
just hovering the mouse over the "Reports" menu item in the QSO
window brings up the generator, and it must be closed manually before
you can navigate to other menu items. This is probably not by design.

I would definitely like to see a distinction made between QSL methods
in the Report generator. I would imagine that most folks do as I do
and upload ALL recent QSOs to LoTW, not just those they think will
result in QSLs for needed credits. That's the way it's designed to
work -- your "junk" QSO may be just the one some other LoTW user
needs to complete his WAS, or even DXCC . For this reason, I don't
see any value added in explicitly showing uploaded QSOs in the
reports. Mailed QSLs are another matter, and I like the way the
earlier versions tracked those. Making everything that's been
uploaded show as M destroys the ability to track the important stuff
that merits the trouble and expense of mailing out paper cards. This
is a legitimate usability issue.

I'd also personally like to see some distinction between QSOs
confirmed by cards and those confirmed electronically. I realize this
would probably open a real can of worms when you have a QSO confirmed
by both methods. Which trumps which in the status display would be a
matter of personal preference and programmer frustration. No matter
how you do it, somebody won't like the way it works.

Between the huge amount of work involved in getting Version 8 out and
the probable large volume of requests for new license keys since the
release, poor Paul must be exhausted beyond belief by now. He's long
overdue for a couple of weeks away from DX4WIN, and maybe from
computers in general. I suggest that for the time being we all just
play with our new toy and accept it for what it is -- a work in
progress, a  REALLY good initial release that is certain to get
better with time. We should continue to take note of things we find
that clearly affect the functionality of the new version as designed,
but this is really an inappropriate time in the development cycle for
the users to be clamoring for substantial changes. I know I've been
guilty of this, but I'm going to do my best to resist the temptation
to suggest "improvements" and instead concentrate on helping Paul fix
the inevitable buglets that come standard with such an ambitious update.

73...
Randy, W8FN