On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Larry Gauthier (K8UT) <k...@arrl.net> wrote:

> However, sending a batch of paper cards to the Bureau (which results in an
> "M" in the Sent column), is no less of a gamble than uploading your log to
> LoTW (also resulting in an "M"). Neither has a special meaning; both
> represent a fishing expedition with hopes of getting a confirmation in
> return.

I don't upload my entire log because I'm on a "fishing expedition". I
upload my log for the benefit of others who may need the confirmation
and either can't or won't send a paper QSL.

Paper QSLs will *always* have a special place compared to electronic
confirmations, and that place should be recognized.

As Mel pointed out, once you upload your entire log, the value of the
"M" flag becomes meaningless.

Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us