Dave (et al),

NO! The "M" is not a bug, it is a new feature by which DX4Win reports QSLs
that are sent by either paper, LoTW, or eQSL. This is not something Paul
should fix.

Explanation
Start with the DXCC SUMMARY report. Note that the v7 column "QSL Mailed"
(the origin of the letter "M") has been replaced in v8 by a column called
"QSL sent", representing any combination of paper, LoTW, eQSL. If you then
look at a DXCC LISTING report, entries from that "QSL sent" column are shown
with the {old} letter "M". {Yes... M is the first letter of the word Mailed,
but the letter S is already devoted to representing the word Submitted in
reports. What letter should Paul use? ;-}

A Workaround
You can view your DXCC SUMMARY and LISTING information the "old way",
without including LoTW or eQSL activities. Press the <Awards> button in the
DXCC dialogue window and  ONLY choose the Confirmation term "QSL card". With
that selection, all of the "M"s will actually mean Mailed.

IMHO
Ham Radio has passed the point where the majority of "QSLing" is being
confirmed with bits rather than paper. NO FLAMES, PLEASE, from those of us
still clinging to our IRCs, labels and envelopes... it has already happened
and you could prevent it. Logging software must accommodate these electronic
transactions and DX4Win v8 goes a long way toward that goal. Unfortunately,
Paul has some vestigial reminders (like the letter "M") hanging around.

-larry
K8UT