> General reputation trackers/sellers are going to have a hard time
> coming up with a method that works for most needs.

"Any week now" there will be a general one available. Most will be
willing to participate at least a little. The bad news is you need a
funded e-gold account (although I just got an idea to minimize this :),
the good news is an exchange provider (or anyone) can have a field on
their website that says:

To help us serve you faster and cheaper, enter your reputation service
here:
Or send your reputation to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have designed a flexible and open format so that anyone can send and
receive a digitally signed reputation (to some degree or another - its
version 1).

Not perfect of course, but one can convieniently get a good feel about a
person in a short time AND (maybe) have a public way to say the
individual was a bum while alerting others to this.

Will generating this reputation be a lot of work? No. It is a byproduct
of a normal activity we all do.

ps. I really respect the way SR has handled the recent questions. I am
sure if we had the option of privacy friendly services we all would use
them. Instead we need to do a lot of research or create them along with
the business we are creating too.