Sidd,

    I agree with you on the fact it was copied and pasted.  I did not mean
to imply it was written specifically for E-biz ventures.  Reid, I am sorry
if that was misconstrued.

    What I meant was the  volume of spends being done to E-biz on a nightly
basis caused many a technical problem for e-gold and its servers.  The fact
that e-biz was shut down (again!) and that e-gold is down today leads me to
believe there may have been a connection between the two as far as an
accounting or data round up by a governmental agency.( I am probably wrong,
but can anyone tell us the facts?)

    I hope I am wrong.   So, to prove my sincerity on that, I offer the same
challenge I offer ALL THE TIME:

   Attention Reid Jackson:  PLEASE post a notice on the E-gold website at
ALL times when the system is down (or expected to be down) with an
explanation.  This will prevent speculation, rumor spreading, and general
distrust from spreading like wildfire in these situations.

  Or, did I miss the public posting e-gold would be down today?  Or, did I
miss the current explanation posted somewhere as to why it is down?  I have
been rather busy today, so perhaps I overlooked that.  The small red "Recent
Outages" link on the front page still does not "do the trick".  Can I prove
that statement?  Can I back up my challenge for this thought?  You bet!

>e-biz is shut down and the e-gold site is down.  I wonder if the two are
>related?

    Sounds like someone does not know.  If HE doesn't know, and poses these
kinds of questions on the discussion lists. I can only imagine the rumors
that are spreading NOW!

    By the way,  Destiny Worldwide and those tired of Elwyn Jenkin's
postings, although you are sick of SR's postings on this list at least they
have the courtesy to keep the general public informed. (hint, hint)  This is
why I feel it is such a disappointment that outside of Jim Ray, G&SR and
E-gold are strangely silent on discussion lists that are for the sole
purpose of promoting e-gold and its uses!  Would this not be a great place
for Reid Jackson (or anyone at G&SR) to say:

   Attention e-gold users!  We are experiencing a technical difficulty.  Do
not be alarmed.  The Market Makers are not hording your funds.  We expect to
be operational again in.....

    Just some food for thought.

     Eric