>> Claude Wrote

>Onthe contrary, James my feeling is that e-gold LTD is very much

>plain an simple, as it is a recent entity created many years after

>G&SR. The later is more complex because, in the beginning it

>created e-gold and probably owned in in totality or partially. The

>fact that G&SR operates the e-gold system and also is a market

>maker makes it even more complicated.

I must agree with Claude here.  The e-gold governance model may be good but it is not
the best.  It fails to hold e-gold Ltd. out of risk.  G&SR is the opperator of the
e-gold system, and also its sole bailee (entity that can bail in gold).  That being
said, we know that G&SR is in a competitive market with competition in both the
wholesale and retail markets.  If G&SR was to fail(out of business, bankrupt, etc..)
then the e-gold system fails.  No other entity would be able to bail in gold so there
would be a fixed amount of e-gold in the system, and not only that, no one would be
able to access their accounts which would make their "e" version of gold Worthless.

   Khurram Khan

==
2 cents worth?

http://two-cents-worth.com/?135153