>As for ways to patch up these security holes - Jay W. has most eloquently
>explained several possible routes in his email to the list of december 15th.
>These all involve using the SCI properly or signing up with a provider (like
>mals-e.com) who does. If you want to help, you can forward Jay's message to
>those webmasters.
>
>There's no point changing the SCI, it's state of the art and meant for people
>who know what they're doing. Any possible improvements are not really relevant
>to this issue.

Sounds exactly right, Luc!

RJ -- you'd like the SCI for Fastgrams.

https://www.fastgrams.com/sci.html

the idea is there IS NO "easy" way to use it, there's "only" the
status.cgi-like approach.

Problem solved, right?

Also, there is an exceedingly simple interface for people who can't
be bothered or aren't able to use an SCI.

To wit, https://www.1mdc.com/pay.cgi?241164jpm2.50grams

There is also a very handy "invoice" mode.  Example,

"Hey RJ, you owe me ten grams of gold, click here to pay dude:
https://www.1mdc.com/invoice.cgi?241164jpm10.0 "

JP

http://www.e-gold.com/stats.html lets you observe the e-gold system's activity now!