> > That's why the names of the managers need to be known and that's why an
> > annual meeting is needed to regularly reelect the management.
> > That's why the voting rights can become important.
> >
> Hello Danny,
> I don't think that we would need to take it quite that far.
> However, there should be contigency declarations and some legal beagle
> whom to contact in the case of...

Hmmm, that's going to be a fun excercise for them.
That legal beagle is going to be the weak link if secrecy is so important
for them.
I would be surprised if you will see any arrangement along these lines..
Like I said, something will have to give, and with your proposal the secret
entity is already giving..

> Frankly, I am not exactly a fan of voting stock. Simply because it will
> force the management to compromize in order to stay in office, it gives
> laymen too much power (which then is often abused by proxy holders to
> further their own interests). But then, I'm not a fan of anything that
> allows an uninformed majority to impose their will by forcing the
> power-that-is to do it's bidding - or at least claim to be doing it.

Here in this case it is not a problem as they own 90% of the votes.
But, it would kick into gear when the owners go to heaven as you described.

I am not a fan of democracy at all, but in companies were everybody has vote
according to his share it works pretty fair.

> If a company *does* disclose financials and *does* pay high dividends and
> *does* have a track record of increasing asset value, then whoever is in
> charge should stay there uncontested. But then; I have accused of being
> too practical minded.

A good management will usually be reelected, certainly when they own 90% of
the votes themselves.
Well, they could be very drunk at the meeting, but that's another story...

> If the only revenue of holding TGC shares would be the 7.2% dividend and
> possible but not necessarily probable increase in share price, then I
> would consider a bad investment simply because the returns are too low.
> Even if full disclosure was given, 7.2% per annum is not exactly breath
> taking.
>
> But then, that is my opinion.

I agree.

And if no solution is found for the problem you have posed, it is going to
be fun if other 'websites' also issue shares according to the example TGC is
setting.
Lots of managements and proprietary owners could start dying rather
quickly :-o)

Danny