Dear Ken,

> The up-time observation you make is very valid.

We didn't follow the 99.99% uptime garantee trend because we honestly
believe that anything above 99.9% is bogus and and even 99.9% is
questionable. once you did a bit deeper on the sites who make that claim
you often find exemptions for: higher force, third party non performance
and human error.
Or in other words, the garantee is null and void when it comes to the crux
because hardware errors are force majeure, network downtimes are a third
party cause and a coding or configuration mistake is a human error. If
they then exclude hack attacks, dDOS and security breaches and place the
burden for backups on the client, well, then they are almost ready to sue
clients if their site is down and they don't fix it inside the 0.00001%
downtime span allowed per year :o)))

Of course, we all want to attract customers, but if we seriously want to
give 99.9% or more uptime garantee, then we should consider that that
should imply that we become liable for the backbone provider having a
problem - because that is exactly what the client believes that such a
garantee implies.

And I don't think that anyone can or should advertise something that is
essentially out of his hands.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying anything at all. It's just that if
you think about it, you might agree that anyone who garantees any uptimes
either just followed the trend without giving it a serious thought, or
alternatively gave a lot of thought to the subject of how to get around
the warranty if the need arises.

Other than that, if you want to go retail, even cpanel is a bit much for
many users. But nobody had ever any trouble with ENSIM control panels.
They are limited in the things they offer, but how many people really need
to enter multiple BIND records and point to individual IPs, etc?

Either way, any merchant that offers e-gold payment options strengthens
the little economy we all share. So there should be at least another dozen
reliable hosts. Cooperation enhances the business ;o)

> To date, I have not been advertising my services beyond this and the DGC
> Chat mailing list.

And when it comes to advertising, well, you know, thegoldindex.com and
gold-pages.net are simply a 'must'...

Cheers,
Robert.

budget & privacy website hosting
http://www.cyberica.net
budget & privacy domain registrations + mail
http://www.u2planet.com/cfdomaintrust.html