On 10/03/16 23:29, André Gemünd wrote:

> I tried to install intel-2015b.eb today, and found that it uses e.g.
> ccomp 2015.3.187, while intel already provides 2015.6.233.

We ended up defining our own toolchain with our supported versions of
Intel, GCC and Open-MPI and then port over any software to use those
toolchains instead.   That's then held in a local git repository.

It avoids the crazy profliferation of compilers, MPI stacks and other
libraries you get otherwise.

Currently we've just got a single cluster using EB but the plan is that
when we migrate to RHEL7 next year we'll move all the others over to use
the same local git repo so we have consistency across our systems.

All the best,
Chris
 Email: sam...@unimelb.edu.au Phone: +61 (0)3 903 55545