Sent:   Friday, October 16, 1998 8:14 PM
To:     STUDIES IN WOMEN AND ENVIRONMENT
Subject:        Re: family size,etc.

<< rom:                 Sarah Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 To:                    STUDIES IN WOMEN AND ENVIRONMENT
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Originally to:         "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 > Why do these discussions always turn into a ranting and raving scream
 > fest? Discuss but stop getting so personal and angry. I think most of us
 > basically agree on things around here - that's why we are all on an
 > eco-feminist list server. I'll admit that I occasionally like to ruffle
 > feathers to stir up controversy but this group always seems to turn into
 > one of those shout matches on television. It's very tiresome. Let's talk
 > about something positive.

 True, there ARE some gunslingers in here who will shoot from the
 hip with epithets of "sexist" and "homophobic" at the drop of an ill-
 chosen metaphor, but they, too, are part of the mix, and serve the
 purpose of keeping us all on our politically correct toes.    Joe

 Hi!

I for one am not on this list to keep anyone on their  politically correct
toes - I for one am not sexist or homophobic-

An ideal world would be where everyone agreed on everything that affected
everyone and everything! That and a perfect world are not within our reach!
So let's just focus on just make things better!  All we can hope for is
better!

I am on this list to debate very important issues with people of different
view points and religious beliefs - I find the discussions stimulating and
educational.  This list inspires me to care more, think more and at times
do
more to help make the world a better place.

Let's not close ourselves into  turtle shells and limit our discussions -
Eventhough it may be comfortable in there we can not remain in crawl or
undershell position through out our life  - our spirits must sprout wings
so
that we can rise above the noise and confusion - ) and we can't  pretend
that
these issues are not important.  Dealing with issues that relate directly
ecofeminism - gender discrimination, sexual discrimination, overpopulation
and
the eco-crisis, religious beliefs and how the affect our behavior - in my
opinion all very important topics.  Let's not shy away from them because
they
may make us feel uncomfortable at times or because we can take things too
personal - this involves all of us  REALLY and literally all of us and we
all
have the power to change things  -

Thanks!
Angela