I've just finished Elizabeth Royte's Garbage Land.  I thought she did a
great job of explaining the need to recycle, which recycling efforts are
most worthwhile, and how various materials are recycled.  There is enough of
an "ich!" factor to intrigue college freshmen, and includes lots of personal
experiences of the author in her quest to follow her garbage to its ultimate
destinations.

Have fun choosing!

Barbara (Kitti) Reynolds

--