-----Original Message-----
From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kathleen Knight
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:12 AM
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: Re: [ECOLOG-L] summer reading with an ecologic/environmental
theme

I'll second Christie's suggestion of Last Chance to See - there is a lot
of
Douglas Adams' excellent humor that the students will enjoy, but the
book
is also a thought-provoking look at the problem of extinction. It's a
bit
old (1990), but students can get on the internet and check up on the
species in the book to see which have gone extinct, which are still on
the
verge of extinction, and which have begun to recover.
-Kathleen

--
Kathleen S. Knight