-----Original Message-----
From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Charles Andrew Cole
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 12:42
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: [ECOLOG-L] Wetland creation

Hi,

I'm trying to back up an assertion of mine that we deliberately plan
for and create wetland ecosystems more than any other type of
ecosystem (save, perhaps, lawns). I'm not necessarily talking acreage
here - foresters might have the edge there (as I leave myself open to
criticism from foresters about artificial forests), but actual
projects. Mind you, this is a gut feeling on my part with no actual
data - which is the point of my query. Does anyone have any citations
on this topic specific to wetlands or just on how many artificial
landscapes we create in the US each year?

Thanks - just another odd question from moi.

Andy

Charles Andrew Cole, Ph.D.
Department of Landscape Architecture
Penn State University