I wonder if you mean Alpha values?
p-values are what they are and only tell you how likely the
relationship expressed in your statistical test is to be repeated.
The alpha value is an apriori set value used in decision theory.  If
you set alpha to 0.05, then you state that if the p </= 0.05....bla
bla.

Is this what you were meaning?  I didn't so far notice anyone arguing
p-values.  But, maybe I missed an email.

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Managing Editor,

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"  W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
            and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
          MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not