Dear list members,

For those interested on statistical hypothesis testing, null hypothesis significant testing and p-values I would like to suggest the following web site with many quotes from many well known statisticians.

http://warnercnr.colostate.edu/~anderson/nester.html

and for new approaches on statistics (moving away from "hypothesis testing" and p-values) applied to ecology:

Anderson, D. R. 2008. Model based inference in the life sciences. Springer, NY.

Best,

Manuel