Jeff,

While I have not graded the AP biology exam, I have graded other exams, and as
far as content covered, you really have to consider what the exams covers
versus what is being taught in the classroom.  I have found that how material
is covered can vary widely between class, but all the instructors are told how
much emphasis is given to each section of material, and the teachers are
supposed to teach the courses accordingly.  And if a section gets shortchanged
by the instructor in the course, that will probably be reflected in the score
of the students on the exam.

Considering that, the best suggestion  I would offer is to refer to the
information online about the AP exam.  That will tell you how much emphasis is
given to the different topics of the course.  They also have sample questions
from the past several years, so you can also see how the information is being
tested.

You can find the breakdown of the AP Biology exam here, and there are links to
sample questions, etc.
http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/biology/topic.html

I hope this helps a bit,

Andy

Andrew Scholl

Assistant Professor of Geography
Director of Environmental Studies Program
Department of Geography
Wittenberg University
PO Box 720
Springfield, OH 45501-0720