-----Original Message-----
From: Meyer, Christina [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 16 February 2000 19:02
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have recently been asked by our application department to request our
customers to send bar code information in the DESADV document.  We currently
have that situation in the X12 856 document where the customer sends a CLD
segment with elements 1,2, and 3 filled in and an REF segment following with
element 1 equal to LS and element 2 equal to the serial number.  Can anyone
tell me what the corresponding Edifact segments and elements are that need
to be used?

Thanks,

Christina Meyer
The Timken Company