Hello Chris,

Chris Hill wrote:

therefore the current version. The V3 structure is the same as V2, so
it
must just be a documentation update for EDIFACT V3. Presumably, there
will
now be a Release 4 message to go with V4 syntax.

     As to finding the CONTRL specification, if you go to the EDIFACT
web
site at  http://www.unece.org/trade/untdid/welcome.htm and follow the
link
on the left for PART 4 United Nations rules for Electronic Data
Interchange
for Administration, Commmerce and Transport, then take item 2.3
UN/EDIFACT
syntax implementation guidelines, you will find a Section 10 EDIFACT
SERVICE & CONTROL MESSAGES which is just what you are looking for.
Unfortunately, the content is, and has been for many years, :---
[NOTE:
This Section is being submitted initially as a separate paper, which
after
approval, will be inserted]. Well, that's life.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

http://www.unece.org/cefact/

would be a better starting point.

Today the ISO/TC 154-UN/CEFACT Joint Syntax Working Group (JSWG) is
responsible for SERVICE & CONTRL. Their up-to-date results ( last
update: 2000-04-25 ) you find at http://www.gefeg.com/jswg/ . There
you also find the CONTRL message for UN/EDIFACT Syntax 4. A lot of
additional DEs appear on segment level.

Best regards,
Frank Dreisch
GEFEG